The Inner City Women’s Initiative Society respects your privacy. Here’s how:
- We do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals through the website unless this information is provided voluntarily and knowingly (such as via our contact forms or when you make a donation).
- Any and all personal information that you voluntarily provide is protected under the provisions of Canada’s federal privacy legislation.
- We collect non-personal and aggregate information from our site visitors.
- We automatically log information about visits to this website in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. Our servers record statistical information such as visitors’ IP addresses, time and duration of visit, and web pages visited.
- Like many (perhaps most) websites, we use “cookies” to obtain non-personal information from our online visitors. Cookies are small data files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
- The Inner City Women’s Initiative Society does not extract personal information in this process, nor do we provide this information to third parties. Cookies allow us to speed up the navigation process and to make the website experience more efficient; they also help us measure the traffic on our website so that we can assess the effectiveness of our education and outreach efforts.
If You Choose to Provide Personal Information
If you join the Inner City Women’s Initiative Society by becoming a member or make a donation, you have the option to give us permission to share your name and mailing address (but never your email address or credit card information!) with other carefully screened organizations. Exchanging our mailing list with other carefully screened organizations helps us reach new members. But to be clear: it is always up to you — your permission is required for us to share your name and mailing address.
We Keep Your Information Secure
The Inner City Women’s Initiative Society has taken steps to keep all information received from our online visitors as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use. All personal information you provide us with is kept in a secure database, and your credit card information is only used to process your order, and is not stored beyond the point at which your purchase is approved. All online purchases are processed securely and are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
If at any time you would like to access, correct or add to your personal information that we maintain, make a complaint regarding the management of your personal information, or be removed from any of our mailing or call centre lists, we encourage you to contact usand we will address your concerns, complaints and questions.